United Methodist Church
The first Methodist Church was built in Exeter, Nebraska in 1882. The cost of the church building was $2,400.
Plans were completed for a larger church in 1904. The new part was added to the old church and the building was dedicated in 1906. The cost for the larger church was $4,000.
Several improvements have occurred over the years. In 1927, the building was veneered with brick. During the winter of 1934-35, the church was completely redecorated and the coal furnace was replaced with a gas furnace. The kitchen was remodeled in 1953 and a new parsonage was built in 1961.